People-focused Day Support in and around Taunton
“My Day is about empowering individuals to make their own choices about how they spend their day and offering a wide range of more meaningful community-based activities, enabling clients to either challenge themselves trying something new or just to relax with friends and have fun with something they already have found a passion for.” Lucy Durman, Founder, My Day
My Day is a service based in the centre of Taunton which offers daily inclusive activities for adults with learning difficulties. Activities take place either in the Gipsy Lane Centre, Conquest Centre or in or around Taunton town centre and include; cooking, arts & crafts, keep fit, gardening, music, drama, knitting, needlecraft, computers, café culture, writing, literacy and day trips.
The company’s core ethos is offering unique, person centred day support – listening and enabling wishes, opportunities, hobbies, interests and moving forward exploring new experiences.
- Developing confidence
- Achieving independence and working towards individual goals
- Engaging with local communities in meaningful activities
- Safe, professional and stimulating environments that promote personal growth and security
- Enhancing people’s experiences and fulfilling their lives
- Acknowledge the achievements of individual goals in a way that is meaningful to the student
- Small groups
- Healthy living